Why Automation and technology is required in translation industry
At CITLoB, we are committed to bringing the localization community together to provide a wealth of benefits and opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as a unique and exclusive industry experience. Today, I would to share my thoughts on why automation and technology are crucial for the translation industry.
There are several reasons why automation and technology are becoming increasingly important in the translation industry, including:
• Integration: Automation and technology can integrate translation workflows with other business systems, such as content management systems, customer relationship management software, or e-commerce platforms. This can streamline translation processes and improve overall efficiency and accuracy, while removing manual and mundane work.
• Efficiency: Automation and technology can help complete translation projects more quickly and efficiently. Automated translation tools can handle repetitive and routine tasks, allowing human translators to focus on more complex and creative work.
• Consistency: Automated translation tools can ensure consistency in terminology and style across large and complex documents or projects, which can be difficult to achieve with human translation alone. This can improve the overall quality of translations and reduce the risk of errors or inconsistencies.
• Cost-effectiveness: Automated translation tools can be a cost-effective solution for certain types of translation projects, particularly those with large volumes of content that require fast turnaround times. By automating certain tasks, such as pre-translation processing and post-editing, translation companies can save time and reduce costs.
• Customization: Automation and technology can create customized translation solutions that are tailored to the needs of specific industries or clients. For example, translation companies can develop specialized software or tools that are optimized for specific types of content, such as legal documents, medical reports, or technical manuals.
Overall, the use of automation and technology in the translation industry can improve efficiency, consistency, cost-effectiveness, customization, and integration, making translation services more accessible and cost-effective for clients. We need to embrace these technologies and encourage our members to stay up-to-date with the latest advancements to reap the benefits and stay relevant.